Taking Care of Your Health and Your Loved Ones

Accidents can happen to anyone, and medical costs in Australia can reach hundreds of thousands of dollars. If you are uninsured, you (or your family) are personally responsible for covering any medical or other costs resulting from unexpected incidents or accidents. All international students in Australia are required to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which is similar to private medical insurance in Malaysia. Visitors without travel insurance are personally liable for covering any medical and associated costs they incur.

In Australia, there are quite a number of insurance providers that offer health cover for visitors. For example,

1) Medibank http://www.medibank.com.au/client/staticpages/vchome.aspx
2) NIB http://www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors
3) Bupa http://www.bupa.com.au/health-insurance/cover/overseas-visitors
4) Allianz Global http://ovhcallianzassistance.com.au/

Applying for a visitor health cover can be done online. For peace of mind, those travelling to Australia for work or pleasure or attending graduation ceremonies are strongly advised to get travel or visitor health insurance before your scheduled arrival. Like how we used to say back home, “prepare the umbrella before it rains”.

Have a good time in Straya (Australia).

You may also like...