EARLY NOTIFICATION: ISLA 2018-20 program will be open online from 30 July 2018 to 2 September 2018.
The ISLA program aims to increase the positive experience of all international students through training international student ambassadors to actively participate in the city life and build Sydney’s reputation as a preferred destination to study. It offers free training, work integrated learning and volunteering opportunities to enhance international student leadership skills and experience, which become transferable to their future careers. Participants also have an opportunity to make new friends, build a local support network and develop a sense of belonging while getting involved in local events and activities.
30 students from 12 countries recently completed the ISLA 2016-18 program. Together they performed more than 6,500 hours of volunteer work at local legal and community centres, events and educational institutions. The 2016-18 ambassadors also organised and led a range of projects over the past 18 months, including:
• Cultural tours for newly-arrived international students
• International student networking events
• Employment and career panels to provide advice and support for international students to find work
• Youth leadership conferences for both local and international student leaders
• A youth music competition and concert to bring together local and international youth
Please find below links to key application documents for your reference.
1. ISLA 2018-20 Ambassador Position Description
2. ISLA 2018-20 Program Workload and Time Commitments
3. ISLA 2018-20 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
two information sessions will be held at 6pm on Tuesday 7 August 2018 and Wednesday 8 August 2018 on Level 3, 307 Pitt St Sydney. Please RSVP here.