Updated: Mar 7, 2019
UTP Summer Programme
All participants will receive a transcript and certificate upon completion of the programme, minimum of 1 credit hour is entitled for designated short course (depending on number of short courses taken)
Why is this interesting for me?
Summer Programme offers students an opportunity to experience 14 days experiential learning programme. Students who join us for this short time will be exposed to what our university has to offer and what Malaysia is all about. Programme consist of 1 or 2 short course(s) with educational trips and outdoor excursions such as white water rafting, touring around Ipoh, Penang, Kuala Lumpur and many more.
January, August, September, November, December
How long is the course?
Please state the duration for "OTHERS"
Minimum of 2 weeks but custom programme shall be extended until 1 month (example Intensive Learning Programme). Any customise period date shall be discuss upon request with minimum 15 participants.
1. Open for all full time undergraduate or postgraduate student in their Home University with minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent
2. Fulfil English requirements (for non-English speaking countries): • Minimum IELTS score of 5.0 / CEFR B1 OR - a minimum TOEFL PBT (410– 413) / IBT (34) OR • Minimum Cambridge English: Advance (CAE) (160) / CEFR B2 / CPE (180) OR • Minimum of Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) (180) / CEFR C1 OR • Minimum Pearson Test of English (PTE) score 36 OR • Minimum MUET (Malaysian University English Test) Band 3
Starting from USD 750 (for 2 weeks)
Accommodations, Food, Course Materials, Field Trips, Community Projects, Transportation, Permit Fees, OTHERS
Please state the price inclusive for "OTHERS"?
Airport pick up. Please note that student is required to purchase Travel Insurance during the whole period of programme and will be borne by student themselves.
Consists of minimum 1 short courses comprises from Language courses (Malay or English), Chemical Engineering courses, Civil Engineering courses, Petroleum Engineering courses, Petroleum Geoscience courses, Applied Science courses, High Performance Cloud & Computing courses and extra co-curricular courses (Gamelan or Basic Dance & Movement)
What do I expect to learn?
Experience in different learning environment and cultures with state-of-art research and development facilities in UTP and a hands on access of excellent facilities, laboratories, equipment, software and etc.
How do I experience learning?
Lectures, Site Visits, Field Trips/ Field Excursion, Study Tour, Discussions, Group Activities, Presentation, Demonstration, Practicals, Case Studies, Outings, Role Play, Video Viewing, Video Review, Video-based Case Studies, Laboratory Studies, Lab Practices, Jungle trekking, Meeting with local communities, Seminar, Tutorial, Workshops, Exposure to traditional theatre performance, Involve in games and theatre productions, Reading and writing workshops, Projects, Hand-in skills, Batik design and painting, Sketches and photography exercises, Competitions, Tought classes, Problem Solving, Community Service, Active Learning, Mentoring, Debate, Reflective journaling, Hands-on Workshop, Outdoor Activities, Indoor Activities, Face to face interaction, Games and peer discussion, Interactive courseware, Unique and personal image consultations, Leadership Forum, Visits and interacting with local community, Educational Tours, Management games, Playing golf at different locations, Language Game, Placement, Industrial work, LAB/ Studio, Computing task-based activities
How am I assessed?
Presentations, Assignment, Participation, Attendance, Written assignment, Continuous assignment, Report, Video, Individual task, Skill test, Report field observations, Quizzes, Group work, Journal writing, Final examination/ test, Practical evaluation, Test, Discussions, Port folio, Installation works, Documentation, Report, Research exercise, Group discussions, Final project, Group project, Group presentations practical, Sketch & portfolio, Special assignment, Report writing, Written assignment, Exercises, Progress report, Oral tests, Written test
Is the certificate is awarded upon completion of the programme?
Note for students?
1. Visa For a short stay of 2 weeks programme, only tourist visa is applicable. Invitation letter from host university will be provided to the applicant prior to the programme to ease the immigration process.
2. Insurance Travel insurance is required during the whole period of the programme. Applicant is advisable to purchase travel insurance at their home country and kindly provide a copy of Certificate of Insurance coverage to the host university.
3. Certificate of Health Applicant is required to submit a Certificate of Health upon confirmation of participation.
4. Accommodation All participants will be staying at the in-campus residential hostel during the whole programme. However, accommodation will be provided for any sightseeing trips outside from campus area.
5. Meal Meal plan is not available but daily meal allowance is provided.
6. Number of participants The programme will be cancelled if the number of applicants does not meet required minimum number and applicant will be informed accordingly. However, if the capacity is exceeding, the participant will be selected based on submitted documents (Minimum of 15, Maximum of 40 per session).
7. Other expenses Airfares, insurance, personal expenses and transportation charges (outside the programme duration) shall be borne by the participant.
Call for action:
(MR). Furqaan Hod
Universiti Teknologi Petronas Block J3, Level 1,
32610 Seri Iskandar,
Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
Tel: +605 368 8394
Fax: +605 365 8386